Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Halloween Fairy and the Sugar Plum Fairy

The Halloween Fairy came by today. Yes I know. She was kinda late. Usually she comes right after Halloween. This year, the week before Thanksgiving she finally decides to take away my girls' candy. Phew, about time would have said our dentist. My 4-year-old was not very happy about her candy disappearing, regardless of the high quality of the thief.
"I'll tell that to the Sugar Plum Fairy" she said. Sure I replied, please report the theft to the Sugar Plum Fairy. Go figure what she'll do.

Fortunately, the Halloween Fairy left a note behind in my girls' bedroom. It's a blue thank you note. No thrills, a short page. It reads. "Dear Louise & Iris, Thank you for the candies. They are very yummy. I went out to look for a thank you gift for you girls. I'll come back at night. The Halloween Fairy"
Now that I think of it, it was a dumb movement. Since when do fairies have to apologize for taking candy away? Should have thought about it before. Anyway. Now the Halloween Fairy is going to have to come back tonight when my girls are asleep. Suspense.

No comments: