Monday, October 10, 2011

Join Frog Mom at the East Bay Mini Maker Faire: Sunday October 16, 2011

Aw, the East Bay Mini Maker Faire is on this week! This coming Sunday, forego any other plans you had in mind and join 128 crazy crafters, DIYers and scientists at the East Bay Mini Maker Faire in Oakland between 10am and 5pm. I'll be frogmom-ing (the frog mom version of "manning") a kids crafts booth and I'll sell my family hiking guidebook too. Around me will be tons of fun people. In other words, bring your tadpoles and unleash the power of their creative juices!

Photo: East Bay Mini Maker Faire 2010
If you've never been to a Maker Faire, it's literally a place where people make stuff. At the San Mateo Maker Faire last spring, we saw operational R2D2s (big giant kick when they start beeping), giant cupcake-mobiles, water tunnel machines, talking skeleton animatronics, toothpick miniatures and monster-size legos set-ups. We also built a duct tape bird swing, made soap, cut out a steampunk Victorian card and built wooden towers. There you have it: it can be anything.

My own craft this faire is designed as a companion to a creative day in the woods or at the playground. Since I'm both sort of a crafts- and outdoors-nut, it seemed only fitting. I'll be helping kids to make outdoorsy pioneer dolls and kid binoculars!

My own girls are super excited - as am I - and they can't wait to tour the other booths while I sit behind my table. If I can escape, I'll be checking out the smallest postal service in the world at Leafcutter Designs and the crazy pedal-it-yourself wheels and rides of Paul's Rides. Freestyle baby!

Discount
The East Bay Mini Maker Faire has made me a custom discount code my fans, friends and family can use to get 15% off tickets for the event on Sunday, October 16th. You can enter this discount code when purchasing tickets at http://ebmakerfaire2011.eventbrite.com/.

The discount code is FROGMOM.

Details

  • When: Sunday, October 16th, 10 a.m.—5 p.m. 
  • Where: Park Day School campus & Studio One Art Center, 360 42nd Street, Oakland, CA.
  • Google Map: http://bit.ly/dugAYD



See you at the Maker Faire!

No comments: