Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

I was supposed to go mushroom hunting in Marin today. Good thing the hike was called off.

Instead I showed up at my writing critique group which takes place very other Tuesday at Cafe Rigolo in Cole Valley. By the time I sat down, African Nectar Rooibos tea in hand, two men were pointing at the window behind me.

I turned around. Hail was falling like tiny crystal bullets from a darkened sky. Boy was it falling hard. This storm is certainly catching up with the dry winter so far.

As more rain is headed our way, we can only celebrate. Pop the bubbly maybe? Some places have too much rain. We are the other tip of the (un)balance. So get your boots out and splash around. It's not going to last forever.

We are supposed to get 80% of our rainfall between November and March. The Los Vaqueros Reservoir east of Danville is currently 55 feet below average. Not looking good.

Bring on the rain!

No comments: